Dr. Stacy Trasancos, Ph.D. is an adjunct professor of Chemistry and Reading Science in the Light of Faith, a course funded by the John Templeton Foundation through the Science in Seminaries initiative at John Carroll University. She holds a doctorate in Chemistry from the Pennsylvania State University and a master’s degree in Dogmatic Theology from Holy Apostles. She has written for National Catholic Register, The Integrated Catholic Life™, and Strange Notions. She teaches chemistry and physics for the Kolbe Academy and is the Science Department Chair and co-founder and Editor Emeritus of Catholic Stand. She is the author of Science Was Born of Christianity: The Teaching of Fr. Stanley L. Jaki, and her second book Particles of Faith: A Catholic Guide to Navigating Science is out in October 2016 with Ave Maria Press. She was a Senior Research Chemist for DuPont’s Lycra® business before leaving her career to raise children at home. She lives in the Adirondacks with her husband and youngest five children. Her oldest son is in the U.S. Navy and her oldest daughter is a wife and mom of three.
- Ph.D. in Chemistry, Pennsylvania State University, University Park, PA (1999)
- M.A. in Dogmatic Theology, Holy Apostles College and Seminary, Cromwell, CT (2014)
- B.A. in Broadfield Science, Biology, East Texas State University, Commerce, TX (1991)
- J. E. Boliek, and S. A. Denney (Trasancos), “Elastomeric Fibers,” in Encyclopedia of Polymer Science and Technology, M. F. Herman, John Wiley & Sons, pp. 454-457 (2007, 2013).
- S. A. Trasanocs, “Fr. Jaki and the Stillbirths of Science,” St. Austin Review, St. Augustine’s Press, pp. 11-13 (May/June 2014).
- S. A. Trasancos, “Bill Nye, Ken Ham, and the Catholic Third Way,” Strange Notions (February 2014).
- S. A. Trasancos, “Abortion Clinic Advertises: ‘Removing Fetal Life Support,’” Life News (November 2011).
- T. Ghose, “The Virgin Birth: Why We Believe,” Live Science (December 2013), Interview.
- T. Ghose, “Pope Francis Speaks Out on Evolution (And Why It’s No Surprise),” Live Science (October 2014), Interview.
- S. A. Trasancos, “The Most Successful Woman in the World,” in Big Hearted: Inspiring Stories from Everyday Families, Scepter Publishers, pp. 57-61(2013).
- S. A. Trasancos, Science Was Born of Christianity: The Teaching of Fr. Stanley L. Jaki, The Habitation of Chimham Publishing (2013).
- Holy Apostles College and Seminary Alumni Association, President (2013 – present).
- The Institute for Theological Encounter with Science and Technology (ITEST), Board of Directors, Social Media Manager (2014 – present).