Dr. Kristina Olsen, OCDS, currently teaches Theology and Spirituality courses at Catholic University of America (Washington, DC), Holy Apostles College and Seminary (CT), and St. Meinrad School of Theology (IN). She also teaches Business Ethics at Webster University and Information Technology at the University of Maryland.
In addition, Dr. Olsen serves on the Advisory Council for Financial Literacy and Management in Ministry at Seattle University’s School of Theology and Ministry (WA).
Dr. Olsen holds a Ph.D. in Theology from Catholic University of America. The title of her dissertation is Work in the Spirituality of St. Teresa of Avila. She also has Master’s Degrees in Theology, Business and Computer Science, and she has a B.A. in Music (Classical Guitar) and a B.Ph. in Liberal Studies.
Dr. Olsen was a Project Manager at Bell Laboratories, where she led teams in the design and development of telecommunications software. In addition to the subjects above, she has also taught computer science and music, and she has performed as a classical guitarist.
- Ph.D. in Theology with a concentration in Spirituality, Catholic University of America, Washington, DC
- Master of Arts in Theology, Franciscan University, Steubenville, OH (2009)
- Master of Business Administration, University of Montana, Missoula, MT (2007)
- Master of Science, Computer Science, Northwestern University, Evanston, IL (1992)
- Bachelor of Arts in Music, Northeastern Illinois University, Chicago, IL
- Bachelor of Philosophy, Liberal Studies, Grand Valley State University, Allendale, MI
Representative Publications and Presentations
- August, 2015: “Teresa’s Approach to Work, Management and Money in Reformed Carmelite Monasteries,” Congreso Interuniversitario, “Santa Teresa de Jesús, Maestra de Vida” Avila, Spain.
- May, 2014: Work in the Spirituality of Teresa of Avila, Dissertation, Catholic University of America, Washington, DC.
- November, 2011: “The New English Translation of the Roman Missal,” Presentation, St. Mary of the Mills Parish, Laurel, MD.
- October, 2011: “Spiritual Renewal Workshop for Parish Liturgical Ministers,” Presentation, St. Ambrose Parish, Cheverly, MD.
- April, 2011: “iPod, iGod: Technology and Its Impact on Spirituality,” Round Table Discussion (Leader), Catholic University of America, Washington, DC.
- March, 2011: “The E-Carnation of Christ: Digitizing the Word and Implications for Spirituality,” 2011 Mid-Atlantic Region American Academy of Religion (AAR) Conference, New Brunswick, NJ.
- July, 2010: “The Spirituality of Aging,” Presentation, St. Francis Parish, Hamilton, MT, and St. Anthony’s Parish, Missoula, MT.
- April, 2010: “Social Networking Software and Its Implications for Pastoral Work, Spirituality and Religious Education, “Round Table Discussion (Co-Leader), Catholic University of America, Washington, DC.
- January, 2010: “St. Teresa of Avila: Life, Writings and Spirituality,” Presentation, Franciscan Sisters TOR, Toronto, OH.
- August, 2009: “Women Mystics of the Catholic Church: St. Catherine and St. Teresa,” Presentation, St. Francis Parish, Hamilton, MT, and St. Anthony’s Parish, Missoula, MT