Holy Apostles has assumed stewardship of Seminary Journal, a journal formerly published by the Seminary Department of the National Catholic Educational Association from 1995 to 2015. To maintain the library catalog, Holy Apostles has partnered with the NCEA to bring out the Winter 2013 edition in October, 2017, followed shortly thereafter by a combined 2014 edition and 2015 edition. Holy Apostles will on its own publish a combined 2016 edition and 2017 edition. Then, beginning in 2018, the Journal will return to three issues per year.
If you teach or study in a Catholic seminary in the United States or Canada, please consider sending an article to firstname.lastname@example.org on one or more of the fours dimensions of formation: intellectual, human, spiritual or pastoral.
Guidelines for Seminary Journal
Seminary Journal welcomes the submission of articles for publication. We are a blind, peer-reviewed journal with an 80% acceptance rate. About half the articles in each issue relate to the theme, with the other articles of general interest and related to seminary work. In particular, we are interested in articles on the four pillars of formation: human, spiritual, pastoral and intellectual, and on assessment of student growth. Other topics are welcomed.
Seminary Journal is received by rectors, seminary libraries, formation directors, seminary faculty, vocation directors, field education coordinators, continuing education of clergy directors, Religious houses of formation, ministry formation programs, and bishops.
We publish three issues a year, in Spring (June), Fall (September) and Winter (December).
The guidelines for articles in Seminary Journal are:
- Generally, 2,500-7,500 words (can be shorter or longer, and can be extended to 10,000 words with permission)
- Use endnotes, not footnotes (Chicago Manual of Style, APA format acceptable for scientific or psychological articles)
- Use Microsoft Word format, 1.5 spaced lines, 1 inch margins
- Place tables and charts in the Word document, and send them as separate files
- Send by email as an attachment to email@example.com
- Include a 1-2 sentence bio and a color photo or black and white photo of yourself as an attachment. You may mail the photo if needed.
- On a title page, include title of the article and your contact info: Name, job title, institution, mailing address, phone and email address.
- Unfortunately, we do not pay authors for writing an article for Seminary Journal, but we hope you will take pleasure in being published in a well-respected Catholic journal. We will mail you a complimentary copy when the issue is printed.
Book Review Guidelines for Seminary Journal
- 500 – 1000 words
- Microsoft Word document, 1.5 spaced lines
- Include the book title, author, publisher, and year of publication at the top of the article
- Include “Reviewed by (your name and job title)” after the book title and info
- Include a 1-2 sentence bio of yourself at the end of the review.
- Send by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org