- General Policies
- Library Services to the Online Learning Community
- Intra-library Loan Request Fee Structure
- Intra-library Request Form
All HACS faculty, registered students, and staff may borrow library materials. All patrons must show a valid HACS Library card or campus ID card to borrow materials from the Library. Online Learning students and faculty may borrow library books utilizing the Intra-Library Loan Form.
Inter-library Loan Services
Holy Apostles College and Seminary Library participates in several inter-library lending programs. Through the Connecticut Library Network’s (CLN) ReQuest System, the library staff may borrow materials from over 300 participating Connecticut Libraries for our students and faculty. As members of the American Theological Library Association (ATLA), we also enjoy borrowing privileges with member libraries. We are also committed to sharing our unique resources with other libraries through these interlibrary loan networks.
Computer Classroom Use Policy
The Computer Classroom is open for general use during the normal working hours of the Library. This room will be closed to general use during Library and Faculty instruction classes and scheduled computer maintenance. All registered students, faculty, and staff wishing to utilize the computer classroom must sign the Holy Apostles College and Seminary Information Technology Appropriate Use Policy to obtain a Barracuda password for access to the Internet.
The computer classroom is to be utilized for authorized academic and administrative purposes only. Individuals not acting in compliance with these regulations risk loss of computer privileges. The following policies are to be observed for optimal maintenance of the Library Computer Classroom.
Do’s of the Library Computer Classroom:
- Honor all posted copyright notices on web sites.
- Computer equipment may be utilized for Internet access, word processing, and e-mail access at any time during the normal working hours of the Library, unless the room is closed for classroom instruction or scheduled computer maintenance.
- Users may listen to music CD’s with the use of headphones only.
- HACS Library computer equipment may be utilized for e-commerce purchases with the stipulation that Holy Apostles College and Seminary and any of its affiliates are in no way liable for unsatisfied transactions.
- Do be considerate of your time. At peak times of use, the Library reserves the right to restrict computer use to one-hour time slots per user.
Dont’s of the Library Computer Classroom:
- Never bring beverages or food into the Library Computer Classroom.
- Do not attempt to download or install any files, programs, games, plug-ins, or services on the library computers. You may only save to removable storage media. All software downloads will be fulfilled by the Computer Classroom Administrator on a scheduled basis.
- Use of HACS computer equipment for personal for-profit activities is prohibited.
Library Services to the Online Learning Community
It is the goal of Holy Apostles College and Seminary Library to support the educational and research needs of all its students and faculty regardless of their physical location. The Library staff is committed to providing reference assistance and fulfilling requests for research materials. We also provide location information to our Online Learning community so students and faculty can obtain materials through their local public libraries. The following policies and procedures apply to all students and faculty for the duration of the academic semester(s) in which they are enrolled or teaching.
- All Online Learning students and faculty are eligible to use any electronic databases available through the Holy Apostles College and Seminary Library.
- Remote access is available to any Online Learning student enrolled in at least one course and Online Learning faculty teaching at least one course, in the current academic semester.
- Remote access to electronic databases will be provided to Online Learning students and faculty through the use of an universal barcode. A library barcode document is located in the “Shared Folder” of the “Files” tab in Populi. Barcodes assigned will be activated for the duration of the current semester only.
- Barcodes assigned to all Online Learning students and faculty are restricted to their personal, educational use and are not to be distributed to other parties.
- Online Learning students who are granted an incomplete for their present semester may request an extension of their Library services for a period of six weeks. This request should be emailed to the Director of Library Services at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Online Learning students and faculty (in the Continental U.S.) may request to borrow up to two (2) books at a time from the HACS Library collection. A shipping/handling fee will apply. The Library Director has discretion as to the eligibility of materials for loan. Please review the Intra-Library Loan Fee Structure and the Overdue Library Materials Policy prior to requesting books.
- Online Learning students and faculty may request photocopies of documents and articles from the HACS Library periodical collection within the limits of copyright compliance. A processing/shipping/copyright fee (if applicable) will apply.
- If you are interested in further individualized assistance with library resources and services, please email the Director of Library Services at email@example.com to schedule a tutorial session.
Type of Loan Request
|Book from Holy Apostles Book Collection||$15.00 per book
Priority shipping/Handling/Insurance (Continental U.S. only)
Borrower responsible for return shipping and insurance *
|Article/Document reprint from Holy Apostles Journal Collection||$15.00 per article up to 30 pages
Delivery via email, fax, or U.S. mail
|Article/Document reprint from Holy Apostles Journal Collection||$20.00 per article over 30 pages
Delivery via email, fax, or U.S. mail
|Article/Document reprint requested by Holy Apostles Library staff from another Library via ILL||$15.00 per article plus any additional fees charged by the lending Library|
* Please note: The Holy Apostles College & Seminary Library cannot borrow books from other Libraries for our Online Learning students and faculty. We ask that you visit the Interlibrary Loan Department (ILL) of your local public library for this service.
Any book not returned to the HACS Library will be considered lost. Lost items will be invoiced to the borrower at the current replacement cost. In addition, a hold will be placed upon the student’s registration file. Please refer to the HACS Overdue Library Materials Policy or contact the Director of Library Services at 860.632.3009 or firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.